Sunday, May 2, 2010

It makes my heart go pitter patter

Lookie at what my dear, sweet boyfriend got me!

It's all beautiful and shiny and yellow..... It's just perfect. This gift was a combination of Christmas, birthday and Valentines day presents. I wuv it so. I've had it since late January, but I've only now decided to show it off.
I'll be very excited to pick out a place for it in my new kitchen, when I leave the nest. Yes dear, I'm again talking about leaving the nest and living on my own. It's been a long time coming, I know. But as the semester winds down and projects have gotten finished, things have started to really come together.

Lately I've been taking boxes of my junk over to the duplex. Thus far it has primarily consisted of books, yarn, fabric and knic knacks. In collecting these items from my room, my shelves and walls have become progressively naked-er, and it a pretty weird thing to see. I've had everything in my room just so for so long now, that undoing all of it is kind of surreal. I'm also ofter overcome with the feeling one gets when re-arranging a room, when midway through you stop to look around and think "aw shit, what have I done?"
Lots of that feeling. because even though the stuff is leaving my room, it looks messier than when I started. And that is something I've never had before, a messier room with less stuff in it than before.

I think that next I'll pack up the shoes I almost never wear.

Sigh..

It's all a lot to take in right now. Pretty weird.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment