Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Mysterious Mr. M.

Today I recieved a text message from a number did not recognize. Because there are people who have my number, but whose number I have not added to my contacts, I replied to this message, and a conversation ensued. This is the dialogue of such a conversation.

Mystery #: Hey
Me: Howdy. Who is this?
Mystery #: Tyler
Me: Oh, odd. It didn't say it was you, What's up?
(At this point I was under the impression it was a Tyler I actually knew)
Tyler: it this daniel?
Me: Lol, nope. This is Claire. Is this Tyler G?
Tyler: nope. Tyler m sorry.
Tyler: r u Claire Ingles?
Tyler: or Engles haha.
Me: Nope, not even a little.
Tyler: not even a little? What you mean?
Me: I mean that you and I are truely strangers.
Tyler: ok, sorry stranger! i went to school with a Claire Engles and a tyler gillam so i was wondering.
Tyler: ur prob not even my age haha
Me: That will remain a mystery.
Tyler: yep (idc if ya know (im 18)) anyways sorry to bother ya again haha
Me: No worries Tyler.
Tyler: nice kinda meeting ya haha, bye.
Me: Lol. Farewell Mr. M.
Tyler: if you wanna keep my #, idc
Me: I don't know wether to be flattered or amused.
Tyler: haha amused!
Me: Ok then.
Tyler: r u in school?
Me: No, it's Summer.
Tyler: what grade you gonna b in?
Me: You're trying to guess my average age via grade level, aren't you?
Tyler: sure haha
Me: That wouldn't work with me. I'm two years advanced in school.
Tyler: oh wow. thats awesome :D
Me: Thank you. have you gotten ahold of Daniel? You were trying to talk to him in the first place.
Tyler: yep. i called his home phone.
me: Good
Tyler: so u r really smart?
Me: I like to think so. But all I've really done is work @ a faster pace.
Cool, i got in beta club but graduated with a 2.8 GPA.....i gave up my junior year.
Me: I'm sorry to hear that. Can't be any good for college.
nope....goin to Chatt State.
Me: Your major?
Tyler: i want to be a radiologit so.....ill have to transfer to utc.
Me: Interesting. I don't have the stomach for anything medical.
Tyler: aw
Me: The closest thing I would get is dentistry. Why do you say aw?
Tyler: good money
Me: True
Tyler: but theres good money in other fields haha
Me: Indeed. I must know, are you bored with nothing better to do, or simply curious?
Tyler: bored haha
Me: Nice to know.
Tyler: no offense!
Me: None Taken
Tyler: ok :D good!
Me: Well mr. M, what do you do?
Tyler: no job haha and call me tyler. k?
Me: Alright Tyler. I mean what do you for fun.
Tyler: basketball and stuff haha
Me: Were you on the team?
Tyler: nope.
Me: Alright, what else?
Tyler: softball/baseball
Me: Fun. Anything else I should know?
Tyler: idk? what do you do?
Me: I knit, sew, read, cook, hang out down town and I'm trying to find a job.
Tyler: u applied anywhere yet?
Me: Yes, and I had an interview yesterday.
Tyler: where?
Me: Now why would I reveal that? It would ruin your suspense about me.
Tyler: tru... haha :D cause im definetly gonna come lookin 4 u!
Me: That is my fear.
Tyler: well sorry and yeah, im not that weird
Me: Are you sure? Really?
Tyler: I promise, and i keep them.
Me: Good for you.
well thanks, u dont believe me do u?
Me: Well... You are a random stranger. ;)
Tyler: haha oh really?
Me: Really, you are. Simple as that.
Tyler: oh :(
Me: Why the sad face?
Tyler: cause ur stubborn haha
Me: Well I already knew that about myeslf
Tyler: haha sorry, i just learned that...
Me: Sorry I didn't warn you.
Me: Did you know we've been talking for two hours?
Tyler: What???
Me: It's nearly 2 pm.
Tyler: oh wow...Im sorry?
Me: It's okay. Lol
Tyler: u sure?
Me: Yes. I'm sure.
Tyler: u want to keep txting?
Me Idk. U?
Tyler: idk haha :)

And then I did a ballsy thing. I called him. I was tired of texting. we talked for about a minute and I told him I thought it was weird to have a two hour conversation with a person I didn't know. He was apologetic about the situation and then we said goodbye. A truly strange thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment