Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Post-Christmas blog

This year, Christmas started out with me feeling very ill. It might have had something to do with the cheeseburger, fries, soda and too large glass of egg nog, because on Wednesday night I felt like I was going to curl up and die.

I woke up on Christmas Eve morning feeling very queasy. A luck would have it, my father made a breakfast of sausage, eggs, biscuts, hashbrowns and gravy. The smell of fried foods wafting through the air made sure that I continued to feel as though I would curl up and die.

We opened presents, I got a set of glass mugs, an electric blanket and a Barnes & Noble gift card. Since I'm such a wimp when it comes to the cold, I'm sure the blanket will be put to good use. That afternoon, my brother and I went back to my mom's house, where I was told that I was too sick to attend the Christmas eve service at church. I knew that getting other people sick and running the risk of needing to barf during "Silent Night" was bad form, but I was super bummed that I couldn't go.

The next morning I woke up feeling better, actually able to tolerate food better. We opened presents, and everything was pretty darn spiffy. I think the best part was when my youngest brother opened up one of his presents, a periodic table of elements chart, and pretended to faint with delight. It was pretty cute.

Since I'm moving out, I was given a lot of housewares for Christmas. I've received mixing bowls, bakeware, cleaning supplies and all sorts of other good stuff.

On Christmas night i went to my sweeties house for what he said was just a family "gathering". It turns out that this gathering was Christmas dinner. I felt like such a turd for not offering to bring anything. He said that I shouldn't worry about it, but I'm used to being the guest with the best, so this did not sit well with me. I gave my boyfriends mother a scarf that I'd been working on for her since a bit before Thanksgiving. She said it was beautiful, I was thrilled. From her I received Kitchenaid bakeware, I was super pyched about this and I could hardly thank her enough.


Here's a picture of the scarf I knit her.

Prerry darn swanky, if I do say so myself.
That's all I've got for now.
Have a happy Tuesday,
C.

1 comment:

  1. Yes i smile! I only got to see the scarf when you started it - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete