Monday, December 21, 2009

Sooo, now that I'm done with school until January, i need to figure out what I'm going to do with this delightful nugget of spare time. Some ideas:

Start making a quilt. I've recently come into a stash of vintage table linens, they're all beautiful, soft and white. But I couldn't bear to to just wipe my mouth with the napkins or have the other pieces lying on tables. So I think I'm going to make a quilt out of them. I already have a nice flannel sheet that I bought at Homegoods to serve as a backing for it. (Why bother to buy fabric when I can buy a buy a sheet that already has its edges finished and I know it's the right size?)

Another thing I can do is work on the duplex. There is cleaning to be done on the back porch area and a really ugly ceiling fan that I can paint. Both tasks need to be completed, who better than me to do it.

I can get my upholstery groove on. I have a chair and a small sofa that need to be redone. So, slipcovers are in my future. Deciding on a fabric is going to be a pain in the patoot, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Something that I'll definetly be doing is knitting. People expect handmade gifts from me, and I'm more than happy to deliver. I'm currently working on a scarf for my boyfriend's mother, it's turning out beautifully and I'm actually excited to give it to her. I've got two more scarves that I need to make, both of which I haven't even started on, so we'll se how that goes....
Holy rusted metal, Christmas is on Friday! I don't know if this has happened to you, but this holiday totally snuck up on me. Seriously, I was just standing over there *points* and Christmas was being really quiet, it snuck up around the corner and yelled "feliz navidad" at me. I nearly peed my pants, I was so freaked out.

Have a happy Monday!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment